In this article, I’m going to share with you my advice on conversion versus click-driven campaigns in Facebook advertising. You’ll learn which one is more proper for your business and how to deploy and drive sales right away.
What’s Facebook Advertising
When you browse your newsfeed on Facebook, you might come across a piece of content having ads remark on the top of the left corner. These are the advertising content pieces from advertisers. Apart from the newsfeed, there’re many alternative placements you can see advertising pieces nowadays in the Facebook ads eco-system, such as messenger, Instagram, search, App, and news portal website.
Here is a Facebook ads sample. Please click and subscribe Easy2Digital Youtube Channel here, if you’re interested in more information about digital lifestyle, automation, and business strategy video content. Thanks for your support 🙂
How it works
Facebook is the largest social media platform worldwide. Till the 2nd quarter of 2019, the active users in total are 2.4 billion. What does this number represent? the number is equal to the grand total population of Japan, China, the United States, and the whole of Europe. That’s amazing!
In Japan, Tiktok and Instagram are getting more popular and catching up to Facebook’s No.1 position. In China, due to a firewall, users are more active on WeChat and Weibo. But Facebook is worthy of investment and runs for business purposes still in many markets.
Basically, a Facebook ads campaign provides 3 layers to set up. Below is a structure for your reference.
At this level, Facebook enables you to select conversion drive (sales, etc) or click-driven objectives. Once it’s selected, you can’t change it in this campaign.
Ad Set Layer
At this level, you can set up several things that are important to affect the campaign performance after the objective feature.
- Sales from the website, App, messenger, or WhatsApp
- Specific market, city, area, and destination
- Device: desktop, mobile, and tablet
- Indoor WiFi, mobile network courier
- Language, gender, age
- Advertising bidding price
- Audience probabilistic and deterministic data: interest, behavior, fans, engaged, lookalike, email, and retargeting.
Ad Creative Layer
At this level, you can select a proper format to fully display your advertising content, such as contextual, videos, and photos. Furthermore, if you’re targeting the audience when they’re using a mobile device, this section also provides you with many options for the canvas mini page template to adapt.
Why Facebook can identify the traffic to work for your goal
Facebook pixel and conversion path set up help Facebook artificial intelligence to learn your website and App data. After the learning process is done, Facebook AI will map its own database with your campaign goal to find a new list of prospects or ready-to-buy customers, in order to optimize your campaign sales.
Advice on sales and click drove focused advertising
Click driven is to tell Facebook AI this campaign is more focused on driving traffic to your owned media, such as website, and App. If you aim to drive sales from Facebook advertising, I suggest you start with a conversion/sales-driven campaign. Below are the pros of the strategy.
- Leverage the budget to focus on sales and avoid wasting the budget on the traffic cost in the audience research stage.
- Learn how many audiences are in this ready-to-buy pool and the conversion rate of your products.
- Re-deploy the product and its pricing strategy in your next round of campaigns to drive sales.
On sales-focused strategy, I suggest you start with lookalike targeting in the ad set if you have an existing customer email list with a prospect or customer consent (Called 1st party data). This approach usually has a higher conversion rate, because Facebook’s artificial intelligence will help you accurately find similar customers to buy your product.
If you are a new business without an email list, you can start with interesting targeting. Facebook provides audience data for every advertiser from its own database (Called 2nd party data). Once you select the right audience combination, it’ll also work well from my experience.
Click Driven is a 2nd step option to drive sales.
The cons of conversion-driven campaign performance are Facebook data and your business perspective factors will affect the size of the prospect pool.
For example, when you are selling a new product, there are no competitors or very less existing in the Facebook advertising world. You might have very limited ready-to-buy traffic because Facebook AI is difficult to find prospects. So your campaign might stop very soon due to no traffic at all. Or when your product pricing is High and brand reputation is low, ready-to-buy prospects might not trust your company and give up checking out.
In this case, it’s time to deploy click driven campaign. Below are the pros of this strategy.
- Drive a huge amount of prospect traffic to your website and App in the research and considering stage.
- Engage with prospects by using your product’s unique selling point and pricing content, in order to convert them right now.
- Increase audience data in a container for business purposes afterward to execute retargeting, engagement, and retention campaigns.
One more point to remind is that click driven campaign runs out of budget very fast. Thus, please set up a budget cap carefully.
Either of them has pros and cons. My usual practice is to start with both at the same time and test for a while to decide the budget allocation between them. Every coin has two sides.
If you have any comments or topics you are interested in, please feel free to leave your messages below.
I hope you enjoy reading Sales vs Clicks Driven Campaign In Facebook Advertising. If you did, please support us by doing one of the things listed below, because it always helps out our channel.
- Support my channel through PayPal (paypal.me/Easy2digital)
- Subscribe to my channel and turn on the notification bell Easy2Digital Youtube channel.
- Follow and like my page Easy2Digital Facebook page
- Share the article to your social network with the hashtag #easy2digital
- Buy products with Easy2Digital 10% OFF Discount code (Easy2DigitalNewBuyers2021)
- You sign up for our weekly newsletter to receive Easy2Digital latest articles, videos, and discount code on Buyfromlo products and digital software
- Subscribe to our monthly membership through Patreon to enjoy exclusive benefits (www.patreon.com/louisludigital)