There’s no doubt that video is one of the highest-converting types of content you can use today to market pretty much anything, and I believe it isn’t to be changed, in particular, low funnel and mid-funnel channels are requiring more engaging content to maintain or even perform better the cost per acquisitions and gross margin, when confronting fierce competition.
Storytelling styles and tactics do vary country by country. In it, Japanese brand commercials impress us of course by their unique storytelling skills, such as extraordinary performing expressions, and quick video commercial pieces that can connect each other to become a full story.
What’s more, Japanese video commercials well leverage human neurochemicals to tickle the right neurochemicals at the right time is a way to increase engagement and brand recall.
In this article, I would take Kirin Beer Japan commercials for example to elaborate on what’s Endorphins and Dopamine and how they create the video scripts and storylines using these factors tickling the right neurochemicals. By the end of the piece, you can learn how to start to write a video script, leveraging these psychology trigger elements.
- Endorphin and Dopamine in Content Marketing
- Kirin Beer Japan Commercial Cases
- New Beer Ingredient
- Amplify the Beer Taste Using Accessories
- The Power of Beer to be the Sidedish
- Accidental Events that Fit Local Community Culture and Manner
- Key Take-aways
Endorphin and Dopamine in Content Marketing
Endorphins can make you feel happy. It’s just a kind of what you feel after a workout, or when you’re laughing. So that means humor can be a powerful tool to put people in the right mindset for your message.
For example, the middle brain can release endorphins when a person sees something beautiful. It is responsible for emotion. It’s also where we make our decisions so that elevating endorphin levels in our audience is critical in driving buying decisions.
Dopamine is what you get from achievement, as well as unpredictable rewards. An email you weren’t expecting, or a “like” on social media, can trigger it. It’s also activated by phone notifications, which help feed people’s addiction to mobile devices.
The brain produces dopamine in response to rewarding experiences. However, the largest surge of dopamine doesn’t come from obtaining the reward. Instead, it comes from anticipation. If you want to drink a glass of wine, and you’ve experienced the reward of wine in the past, you might uncork the bottle, pour it into a glass and take a small sip. But the largest dopaminergic spike in your brain occurred before your first sip.
Kirin Beer Japan Commercial Cases
What keywords you would describe beer? Relaxation, coldness, happiness, party, food, etc. A successful video script consists of commercial objective, storyline, effect, audio, characters, psychology trigger point, etc and each other can work together harmoniously. I’ll mainly extract how Kirin Beer Japan, in each commercial, uses a simple and single perspective to tell the story which the flow is leveraging Endorphin and Dopamine to engage with audiences.
New Beer Ingredient (Product Features)
Kirin launched a new recipe applied to the new version of Kirin Beer. So in the commercial objective, the core message is to deliver the good benefit and great taste of this new beer ingredient. So what elements should have in this script?
- Normally most customers would activate the self-protection function in the body, and be hesitant to try new things because Dopamine tells her or him that the anticipation might be different from the past experience. So the video needs footage to show the pictures of the customer inside psychology, such as hesitant status, holding questions, etc, and show Brand stands the same side with customers.
- Before and after is a must. In a customer trial journey, they must compare the new experience with the previous one. So the video needs footage to show a better result. In the video, celebrity Hikari Mitsushima said that’s totally different – 全然違う！
- Humor is critical to express the experience and journey happiness, which aims to tickle the customer Endorphins that is a key element to make decisions to purchase. In the video, Hikari Mitsushima said 狡い in Japanese, which tells she loves it in an opposite format.
Amplify the Beer Taste Using Accessories (Customer Perception)
Of course, the beer ingredient and technology must be different between you and your competitors. However, customers might not really remember which technology you use, because it’s nothing to deal with her or his tasting experience, thoughts, and memory. At least this kind of factor plays very little power to make you stand out. So what elements should have in the script amplify your Brand beer taste?
- Ice glass and snacks. In the customer memory, Beer normally does not come alone on the table. It comes along with accessories to enhance the tasting experience, and enjoy the great tasting with friends. So the question is what accessories should be in the footage? Ice glass can definitely trickle customer Dopamine, because nobody would reject extreme ice beer with the classic snack, and ice glass with snacks is the perfect combination to amplify the taste that already exists in the customer’s mind.
- Deliver the result instead of just anticipation. After having drawn anticipation, the video must make it come true to match the customer anticipation. So the video must have footage to show the satisfaction after drink the beer, which typically tickles the customer’s Endorphins. In the video, the celebrity said 幸せだ, which shows satisfaction as expected.
- Using scenarios. Depending on your target customer interest, we can shape an atmosphere and scenario that Beer is a must item to enjoy the process because the scenario can be an accessory to amplify the taste as well. In the video, it uses the football game and at the end, the celebrity shows a great enjoyable moment and happiness, which is the result customers are looking for.
The Power of Beer to be the Sidedish (Customer Using Scenarios)
The product to promote is not necessary always to be the central spot in the video script, because usually the product benefits are not functioning alone, or the original purpose of customers is doing something else. So how can we write the script by leveraging the main course?
Find a contrast. When talking about Beer, food can be the main course most of the time. When eating hot food, sometimes customers can suffer from eating too hot food to swallow. So in the video script, we can have footage to describe the food as too hot and the customer needs ice beer to cool down. The hot food and ice beer tickle the customer Dopamine, which is associated with the tasty beer experience in the past.
Accidental Events that Fit Local Community Culture and Manner (Customer Psychology)
There are lots of accidental occasions that might impact your product using experience, which is out of the customer’s control. The video footage can leverage this customer psychology, which the customer is hurry to use, or it is a pity to lose the chance. So how can we write the script by leveraging accidental events?
Annoying Interruption. Customers might be interrupted by friends, or waiters in a restaurant to enjoy the meal and the drink. This kind of pain tickled the customer Dopamine and reminded them of the past bad experience, which made her or him lose the beer tasting chance.
In the video script, we need footage like a talkative check that keeps telling you the gossip and stops you from drinking the beer. The desperation of drinking the beer can amplify the beer taste as well.
- Endorphin and Dopamine in Content Marketing
- Kirin Beer Japan Commercial Cases
- New Beer Ingredient
So easy, right? I hope you enjoy reading Why Beer looks so tasty? Kirin Beer Commercial Cases – Beer Video Production. If you did, please support us by doing one of the things listed below, because it always helps out our channel.
- Support and donate to the channel through PayPal (paypal.me/Easy2digital)
- Subscribe to my channel and turn on the notification bell Easy2Digital Youtube channel.
- Follow and like my page Easy2Digital Facebook page
- Share the article to your social network with the hashtag #easy2digital
- You sign up for our weekly newsletter to receive Easy2Digital latest articles, videos, and discount code
- Subscribe to our monthly membership through Patreon to enjoy exclusive benefits (www.patreon.com/louisludigital)
Q1: What are Endorphins and Dopamine?
A: Endorphins and dopamine are neurotransmitters in the brain that play a crucial role in regulating mood, pleasure, and reward.
Q2: How do Endorphins and Dopamine affect our mood?
A: Endorphins and dopamine have a direct impact on our mood. They can promote feelings of happiness, pleasure, and well-being.
Q3: What are the benefits of Endorphins and Dopamine?
A: Endorphins and dopamine offer several benefits, including improved mood, reduced stress and anxiety, increased motivation, and enhanced cognitive function.
Q4: How can I increase my Endorphin and Dopamine levels?
A: There are several ways to naturally boost your endorphin and dopamine levels, such as regular exercise, engaging in pleasurable activities, practicing mindfulness and meditation, and maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
Q5: Can Endorphins and Dopamine be purchased as a supplement?
A: While there are supplements available that claim to boost endorphin and dopamine levels, it is important to consult with a healthcare professional before taking any supplements.
Q6: Are there any side effects of increased Endorphin and Dopamine levels?
A: While increased endorphin and dopamine levels generally have positive effects, excessive levels can lead to issues like addiction, impulsivity, and mood disorders. It’s important to maintain a balanced level.
Q7: How long does it take to feel the effects of increased Endorphins and Dopamine?
A: The time it takes to feel the effects can vary from person to person. Some individuals may experience an immediate mood boost, while others may take longer to notice the effects.
Q8: Can Endorphins and Dopamine help with pain management?
A: Endorphins are known to act as natural painkillers, and dopamine can help modulate pain perception. Increasing their levels through natural methods may provide some relief.
Q9: Are there any foods that can naturally increase Endorphin and Dopamine levels?
A: Certain foods, such as dark chocolate, spicy foods, nuts, and fruits, have been linked to the release of endorphins and dopamine. However, the effects may vary.
Q10: Can Endorphins and Dopamine be used to treat mental health conditions?
A: While endorphins and dopamine play a role in mental health, they are not standalone treatments for mental health conditions. They may be used as part of a comprehensive treatment approach.